Post It's- Our Family Happenings

All about the Post Family- Steve, Kat, Jessica and Izzy

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Best Mothers Day EVER

Ok, so it was my first as a mother- but it was a pretty awesome day. We've started doing the ferber method to get Jessica to sleep in her own bed (more on that later). Saturday night she fell asleep at 7:30 and slept till 4!!! I fed her at 4:45, then she went right back to sleep, then she woke up at 7:30. I brought her to bed with me, fed her and she fell right back asleep and I did too! We slept till 9:30 am. Funny, back in the day that was NOT my idea of sleeping in (more like 11 or 12.......), but it was so awesome!!! Then Steve and my dad took me, my mom, my mother in law and grandmother in law, and of course jessica, to a mothers day brunch at the Escondido center of teh arts. Awesome food. fun music. very good times. when we got back, i took a 2 hour nap with jessica on the couch! and that night i took a bubble bath with a glass of wine and the latest Creating Keepsakes magazine. Perfect way to end my perfect first mothers day!

Here are a couple pictures from mothers day
this first picture is pretty cool- all the mommies that are connected by one baby girl! (and actually, 3 of them are missing- my two grandma's in iowa and steves' paternal grandmother who's in sacramento)



i love her little headbands! so cute. and this blue dress was SO adorable on her- i paired it with white tights with ruffles on the behind ;)

So, now let me tell you about the Ferber Method. Bascially its teaching Jessica how to "self soothe" and put herself to sleep. and most importantly- not sleep in mommy and daddy's bed!!!! For those who don't know what it is, it is not "crying it out" but it is hard. you put them the baby to sleep, and if they cry (which they will, cause- especially jessica- they don't want to miss out on anything!!!!) you let them for 5 minutes, then go in a reassure them- with out picking them up. then you let it go for 10 minutes, then 15 minutes and 15 minutes until they sleep. This took about 2 hours for Jessica. And then that night she was up every 2 hours! But it went faster than i expected. but not easier- i totally bawled. cried and cried. and i cried the night before, knowing it was her last night in our bed. she's growing up too fast! anyways, tangent. ok, so then the next night you let it go for 10 minutes, check and reassure, then 15 and then 20 and 20 until they're asleep. it only took 45 minutes- and she stayed asleep until 4 am!!!!! went back to sleep for 20 minutes, and then woke up so i fed her at 5ish and she went right back to sleep until 7am. so saturday night i got SOOOOOOOOOOOO much done, its insane. it was awesome. ( (and by the way, the next day she still smiled at me and loved me (i was scared she's hate me forever) ). the next night its 15, 20, 25. it took her about an hour, and i think it was because it wasn't me doing the check ins- i was in my bubble bath. but she stayed alseep until 4ish again, this time i didnt' need to feed her, just stuck in the binky. and then she went back to sleep until 7:30, where i brought her to my bed, nursed her and we both slept till 9:30am. SO GREAT. last night though, not so much. i think i put her to bed too early. her bedtime is 7, so the earliest she's been in bed is like 6:45. Last night she seemed tired so i started her routine early and she was in her crib at 6:30. it took a little over an hour (and its supposed to get easier, not harder!!) adn then she was up EVERY TWO HOURS again. not cool . so i'm going to do the 7 pm bedtime again tonight, and tonight i think we're up to 25 minutes. each night she gets better though, and she's not crying crying- more like complaining. but it makes a HUGE difference not having to sit with her for almost 2 hours before i can move or do anything. HUGE. last night i worked out on the elliptical for almost a 1/2 hour, the night before was my bubble bath and magazine, the night before i did all my arbonne stuff. its been great. and its supposed to take up to 7 days- so wish me luck that by friday night she'll be going to bed no problem!!!!

Wow, that was a long ramble. hope it made sense...

two more cute pics of Jessica. Enjoy!!!






9 Comments:

At 2:52 PM , Blogger monica said...

Jessica has the cutest chubby cheeks I have ever seen!!!! Happy Mother's Day Kat!!!

 
At 4:41 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too cute!!!! Love all the pics!!! I'm glad her bedtimes are going smoother than expected. I can't wait to see you all again. Love you!! Give my girl big hugs and kisses for me! xoxo Amanda

 
At 6:39 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

YEAH, she's doing so great!! Sounds like the best Mother's Day! You look beautiful and I'm totally loving the headbands and the CUTEST face in the last picture ;):)

 
At 8:02 AM , Blogger Valerie said...

I am learning so much from you about babies!! I'll be ready when it's my turn!! Love the pics!! You'll have to scrap the one with you all and Jessica!! Glad you had a good Mother's day!!

 
At 6:08 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG. that picture with jessica and your mom is sooo cute. Jessica has such a sassy look on her face!!!
too cute, seriously.
love ya,
rachel

 
At 10:33 AM , Blogger Felicia said...

Those pictures are so cute!

 
At 9:27 AM , Blogger Jill H said...

wow, way to go on the ferber method, i didn't stick to it very well when Xave was a baby. and then it was rough getting him to sleep on his own, even though he did it eventually. but way to go on getting her to get herself to sleep at 3 months!!! that's awesome! i love her little blue dress and you all look so pretty in the Mother's day picture! sounds like you had a wonderful first one :)

 
At 5:53 PM , Blogger Barb said...

Awwww. She's starting to smile!
Love the pic of her in the sunglasses, too.

 
At 5:23 AM , Blogger Trina said...

Great info about the Ferber method! Gotta try it later. Our little one is 7 weeks old now.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home