Post It's- Our Family Happenings

All about the Post Family- Steve, Kat, Jessica and Izzy

Friday, February 06, 2009

The Story of Your Birth-Day
So I STILL have not written down the story of the day Jessica was born. I think I wanted to capture every detail, every second, but as its gotten further away I realize I really just need to get it done, before I forget anything. Which, really, I don't think you can ever really forget the day your first child is born ;)
SOOOOOOO in honor of Jessica's 2nd birthday coming up in 2 days- here's the story:
I woke up on February 8th, 2007 at 6:15 as usual, tired and achy. Your due date was February 6th, and of course you did not show up (only 3-5% babies actually arrive on their due dates!). I had seen the doctor the day before and was 3 centimeters dialated, 75% effaced, and at -1 station. wait, no 1 station. Whichever. I got my membranes swept, came home and waddled into bed ;)
I felt my first contration at 6:45. Didn't realize it was a contraction, because it felt more like mild PMS cramps. When I had 2 more, every 15 minutes, at 7:15 when Daddy left for work- I told him that I may have had a few contractions. I wasn't sure though.......... I remember having a contraction while changing a diaper! My first assistant arrived at 8, and when the second arrived at 9am I decided to go upstairs to try and to focus and pay attention and see if I was actually experiencing contractions! I told my assistants I would be right back, yeah right! And I went upstairs and turned on a recorded epsidoe of LOST to watch. Nana helped me time the contractions, and by 10 I decided to call over my Doula Coleen and let her know that I may be in labor. Not really sure why I was still in denial......... She got there a half hour later, and at that time I decided that Daddy should be called, too. Contractions were getting more intense, and I needed to focus and breath through them. I was amazed at how normal I felt in between contractions in the begining. I was never able to finish my LOST episode. I got into the shower and my contractions seem to disapear! I sat on a birthing ball in the shower until the hot water ran out. When I got out, my contractions had totally intensified and my water ended up breaking during a contraction. At this point, Daddy and Coleen decided it was probably time to go to the hospital. I didn't want to leave- AT ALL- and could barely answer more than one word. We finally left, me in my bathrobe, doing crazy moaning noises, trying to walk down the stairs. The car ride was the absolute worst part of my labor- we took my parents BMW, Steve drove and Coleen sat in the back with me. I was convinced I was in transition, I was having contraction on top of contraction. It pretty much sucked. The car ride wasn't longer than 20 minutes, but it was the longest car ride ever. I just focused on my breathing the whole time. We got to the hospital around 1 pm, the check in was a little ridiculous, and when the nurse checked me I about died when she told me I was 5 centimeters dialated. We then got into the labor room, they took my stats, and all the while I was laboring. I had high blood pressure at one point, so they gave me oxygen. They freaked out a bit when they couldnt' find your heartbeat because of the way you moved, so they put a fetal moniter on your head. I also had to get my blood pressure taken every ten minutes, so I couldnt' stay in the shower very long. Which was a bummer- because I loved it in there. Grammy arrived sometime around 3, I barely noticed. I was pretty occupied ;) At around 5 I went to the bathroom and started to feel pressure- I told my doula I thought you were going to come out the wrong end! Thats when the pushing phase started............ Cousin Amanda, your God Mother, left her house right then to try and make it to see you be born. And we're pretty sure you waited for her. She arrived a hour and a half later, and you arrived an hour and a half after that! Pushing phase lasted 3 hours, that felt like forever! But at least I would get some breaks between contractions. At one point I remember thinking that McDonalds sounded really good. Coleen gave me a jolly rancher at one point that gave me so much energy. I even took a little cat nap at one point between contractions that were about 10 minutes apart. Yep, it took a long time. I was excited when they finally called the doctor in. Of course, it still took you another 1/2 hour to arrive ;) Everyone had to convince me to try another position since the one I was in obviously wasn't working. I turned on my side and pushed you out- the most amazing moment of my life. I still remember holding you for the first time and your little dark eyes looking right at me- as if you were saying "Oh, there you are Mommy." So precious. You didn't even cry. You were, and still are, the most beautiful and perfect human being I have every seen.
Jessica Kathryn Post - just a few hours old

Jessica Kathryn Post- now 2 years old! WOW- what a difference two years made. Such a little person now!
Doing bday party prep right now- and will be doing her 2 year old "list" on Sunday, with bday party pics as well! Enjoy!!!

Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

At 11:04 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

so amazing!! and soon baby dos will be here, and you'll have twice as much love and wonderful memories to share!!

 
At 6:36 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I cried!! I cried so much that day totally convinced I was going to miss it! Thank you baby Jessica for waiting for me even though mommy was in so much pain. Thank you Kathryn for letting me be there with you. It was one of the most amazing things I have ever been apart of. She's beautiful and you are an amazing mother. And thank you God for getting me there safely without being pulled over in my rocket minivan! I love you both!!! I'll see you soon!!
xoxo Amanda

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home