Post It's- Our Family Happenings

All about the Post Family- Steve, Kat, Jessica and Izzy

Saturday, May 02, 2009

Different Baby, Different Pregnancy!

My nine month picture, taken at my Baby Shower. That is one HUGE belly!


As this "journey" winds down to the end (which is hopefully very, VERY soon) I thought I'd jot down some of the memories I have of this pregnancy, and how different it was from being pregnant with Jessica!!!!!


Started off- before I even knew I was pregnant- with CRAZY intense craving for frozen yogurt, or "yo-yo" as Jessica called it then. You know it was crazy because I would take Jessica, who was like a week into potty training, to different frozen yogurt places around San Marcos (they all of the sudden popped up everywhere last summer!) almost every night. She thought it was great :)


Took a test that said I was NOT pregnant. But it was wrong. Took another one 2 days later- crazy that those 2 days made a difference!


Morning sickness. Bleck! The most horrible thing ever! And I know I didnt' even have it as bad as some people do. From week 7 to 11. Never threw up, and was usually better by evening. But NOTHING sounded good, but eating was the only thing that made me feel better. Lots of carbs in the morning!


Popped out SOOOOOOOOOO early I was positive I was having twins. Positive. And very frightened. I was showing before I was even telling people!


Never had the big adversion to chicken that I did with Jessica, but wasn't into eggs or spring mix type salads.


I also didn't get crazy tired. It was weird. Continued to work out and everything! Didn't start needing daily naps until the last few months.


I didn't get "puffy." Seriously, with Jessica my nose changed. I was much rounder. People told me I didn't look pregnant from behind, that I was all belly- they LIED. This pregnancy I really feel like I am all belly- it goes out WAY further than I did with Jessica. Its scary. But I don't look round.


I feel more attractive this pregnancy too. Probably cause I didnt' get puffy, and I also decided to do highlights/foils the whole time so my hair looked MUCH better.


Braxton Hicks. Most annoying thing ever!!!!! Been having them the last month, maybe longer- sometimes they're hard for me to tell if its baby dos pushing or a braxton hicks. Also another thing I did not experience with Jessica at all.


Contractions. That lead to nothing. More annoying that the braxton hicks. I had one evening of consistent contractions every 5 -7 minutes, was positive I was going in to labor- till I fell asleep and woke up the next morning with my huge Budda Belly still there and no baby. GRRRRRRRRR. Hopefully I'll be able to say that I only had them for a few days before Baby Dos' arrival.


Went to prenatal yoga, but not as consistently as with Jessica. For some reason my life just is way busier (I'm sure having a 2 year old has something to do with it)


Could wear my wedding ring till 9 months. But I stopped wearing it around 6 months just in case. Which worked out nicely for Steve when he decided to get me a new diamond for my wedding ring for my 28th bday :)
SOOOOOOOOOOO sore sooo much sooner at the end! I felt like I was for sure going to have baby dos early since i had all the aches and pains so much earlier.
my tummy goes out WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY further than it did with jessica. its kinda scary...........
i'm crankier this time? well, i'm sure i was just as crabby the first time around, but i don't remember it as much. maybe its because i also have a 2 year old to chase around


Was for sure a second pregnancy- much more relaxed about everything and didn't really think too much about it. I was actually feeling bad that I wasn't in the begining, but it got better.


I'll add more to this list as I remember it......

6 Comments:

At 7:15 AM , Blogger darcy said...

it wont' be long.. promise!!! Hang in there, K?

LOVE the list of memories! You'll appreciate these later! SCRAP EM"!!!

 
At 11:24 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing Kat! I love hearing about how every pregnancy is different...especially as I am 9 weeks along with baby #2 myself. So far the big difference is that we planned it ; ) It won't be that much longer and you can tell us how different your two babies are!

~ Jen

 
At 9:29 AM , Blogger Muriel said...

good list...
keep adding

 
At 5:56 PM , Blogger Anne said...

i heard you're at the hospital! it's finally time!!!! :)

 
At 8:42 PM , Blogger Elizabeth said...

hey! I have that dress too!! LOL... actually I think the dress makes us look huge.. I got comments that I looked at least a month further along, when I wore it!! LOL
love , love your list... so cool that you've journaled it!

 
At 10:45 AM , Blogger Jessica O'Brien said...

so funny to hear how the two pregnancies can vary so much! can't wait to meet #2!!! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home