Post It's- Our Family Happenings

All about the Post Family- Steve, Kat, Jessica and Izzy

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Dr. Bradley I presume?
So Steve and I went to our first birthing class last night. We chose a Bradley Method class. Since I want to do an all natural birth (no drugs, thank you very much) this is pretty much the perfect class. Here's a little backround on Dr. Bradley: He was a obgyn back in the 40's and 50's, probably some 60's too. He was the Doctor that first realized how important it was to have the father/husband in the labor and delivery room. Did you know it used to be illegal for a man to be in the room when his wife was giving birth? Crazy. Didn't become legal till the 70's!!!!! Anyways, major brownie points for Dr. Bradley there. He also made it new practice to have the women walk in early labor (gravity helps the baby into the correct position for birth. walking = faster labor = very good). He also is the Dr. who realized that woman do not need to be knocked out to delivery baby, and in fact- the drugs could be dangerous for both baby and mother (the rate of mother's dying in delivery was very high back then, mostly because of the drugs they used and unnecessary procedures). He started the whole "natural" craze, and its just now really starting to catch on. I'm not going to ramble on why I'm choosing natural. I have nothing against the drugs, I just don't want to use them. My body is made to birth babies. I can deal with the pain. It'll probably suck during labor, but it'll be more than worth it in the end ; )

Anyways, onto the class. So there are a total of 3 couples, my due date is smack in the middle. And i'm by far the biggest chick in the class. The only obvious pregnant one. And the least obvious? She's due more than a month before me! Dude, why am I so huge? Seriously, in the past 2 weeks i've totally freakin popped. like random people are now asking when the baby is due. These two nannies i see often at the park that i take my preschoolers to noticed today, and were all excited for me. Well, at least no one has told me I look way too big for where I am. And actually, all the mom's I've talked to say this is where they suddenly looked pregnant too. And I'm just gonna get bigger.........
So yeah, so far i'm really excited about the class. 2 months, once a week. We'll be so ready for baby when we're done!!!!

And now for another gross fact about pregnancy. My boobs leak. Um, ew? It was just one, and just a little bit, but still- its pretty early for any leakage and i totally freaked out. Steve thought it was hysterical, once again. Thanks Steve. But he made up for it by getting me a prenatal massage (thats tonight). SCORE. i'm ver very very excited about that..................... have a fabulous rest of the week!!!!

7 Comments:

At 6:39 PM , Blogger Barb said...

You are crazy brave, Kat! I think I'd be begging for the drugs.

 
At 9:27 PM , Blogger Jill H said...

i'm a wimp, the only way i think i could've not given in to the drugs was if they just weren't in the hospital!!! you'll do great though, Kat =) you've got such a positive outlook!!

 
At 7:22 AM , Blogger Alex said...

SCORE! what a sweet hubby!!

Wow you are BRAVE!!! In nursing school I saw someone give birth to a 9 pound baby with no drugs. Enough said. More power to ya girlfriend!!

 
At 7:53 AM , Blogger darcy said...

I'm routing for you with the natural route!! Don't think I"m as brave as you. =/ Can't wait to see updated pictures!! I bet you are so cute!!

 
At 6:45 AM , Blogger Elizabeth said...

did i hear you right??? yeah, sorry if I say you're crazy!!! but then again, i could never ever do that!! you're more woman than most!!
the boobage leaks.. get used to it. wait til its in full force!! =)

 
At 3:22 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, no drugs? Do you have a plan in place in case you start begging for them? (not doubting your willpower just thinking of myself in that kind of situation).

Don't worry about showing so much, everyone is so different in that area. Maybe everyone else is having really bad morning sickness.. you just never know whats going on (and I bet they're all jealous because they want to look more pregnant like you did earlier).

-Bethika

 
At 4:03 PM , Blogger Muriel said...

you are braver than me...I want to be knocked out...I would almost rather die than feel the pain...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home