Post It's- Our Family Happenings

All about the Post Family- Steve, Kat, Jessica and Izzy

Sunday, October 01, 2006

last night i was asked if i was scared about the baby coming
and i'm not scared about the labor (not exactly looking forward to the pain, but not freaked out about it)
i'm not scared about my parenting abilities. i know i can take care of babies and kids. maybe a little nervous about the sleep deprivation, but i know i'll survive
no, i'm scared of the big, bad world
of all the things i can't protect baby from
the disesase. the bad people. the freak accidents.
all of the sudden i have the parental view of the world. all the what ifs that i didn't see before. i know i will be able to protect my baby for a while, but then the baby will grow up and i'll have to let go.
and thats what scares me
i know that there isn't much i can do about it. and i don't let it eat me up inside. but i do feel it. and its a new fear that i didnt 'have before i got pregnant.
i just have to love baby as much as possible and hope and pray that everything will be alright

7 Comments:

At 1:36 PM , Blogger justem said...

this is an awesome post kat. i feel the same way...and i'm not even pregnant. i understand everything you said...and you will be an awesome mom...so we know there's nothing to worry about there!

 
At 5:21 PM , Blogger Jill H said...

awww, that's definitely the parent perspective :) and nope, no guarantees that our kids will always stay safe. it is scary but then you'll also get to see your child experience all the awesome things in life too. and that's so worth it, even worth worrying, for them to enjoy every bit of life. just my opinion ;) take care =)

 
At 11:34 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's hard to know if our kids are going to be safe when they are on their own. We just do our best at raising them and teaching them values so when they leave the nest we know that we have done our best as parents and given them all the love and advice we can. But if this doesn't work, I already have Austin recorded promising he will never leave me ; ) xoxo Amanda

 
At 11:44 AM , Blogger darcy said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:49 AM , Blogger darcy said...

I was that deleted comment.. SORRY!!

This is such an amazing post, Kat. It's so easy to get caught up in all the fun pregnancy stuff that you can forget about what a scary world this world has become!! BUT I know that you will instill values and morals and everything to help your child stay strong in this world.

 
At 12:03 PM , Blogger Elizabeth said...

oh, you are one wise mama!!
I totally felt the same way right after having Brig~ plus, lots of really creepy things happened w/in a month of his birth. I became so fearful,but I decided I could not live being afraid.. that I had the best protector of all.. and I did not want to show my fear to my son. You will do great. and there will be times you just have to pray they make the right decision(or learn from the wrong one). Its a tough world, but creating a safe home is the hardest(and best) job we parents have!!

 
At 6:34 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

good thoughts...as a mom of three i can remember all those thoughts and fears flying through my heart and mind....and they still do whenever you hear something on the news or read it in a newspaper....i think giving them our love and encouraging their faith in God and themselves will get them to just the place they need to be in our world

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home