Post It's- Our Family Happenings

All about the Post Family- Steve, Kat, Jessica and Izzy

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Pregnancy Perks
oh yes, there are some other fun perks of pregnancy- besides just being pregnant (and i'm not being sarcastic, being pregnant has been pretty easy and fab so far......)
you get to wear the most stylish belt ever if you're as lucky as me to have a huge budda belly


oh yeah. dead sexy. get to strap this bad boy on every day.
on monday i was getting cramps in my back (like period cramps), so i called the doctor and the nurse told me i was probably dehydrated (which i told her i wasnt', i drink tons of water, but she said thats what all pregnant women say. grrrrrrrrr) so to take tylenol, drink lots of water and rest. she also said it could be because of picking up all the kids so i need to get a pregnancy belh. sexy. anyway, it was nap time, so i popped some tylenol, drank a huge glass of water, and lay down w/the kids. the cramps went away, but then my stomach started to cramp REALLY bad. so i called again and she todl em the same thing, and if it didn't go away i had to go to the hospital!!!! ok- not the most reassuring thing to hear. it was almost 4, so i called steve and left a message asking him to come right home so that i could just rest. i was fine about everything till steve called back, and then i started to cry : ( my assistant told me to just go lie down cause we only had a few kids, so thats what i did. but it was scary! the stomach cramping did go away, and i was on dr's orders to rest for the rest of the evening- so i had steve make dinner (i had it alreayd planned, a pretty easy dinner) and he went and picked up this sexy belt for me. Actually, he picked up a different one, but it dind't do anything so a mom at my preschool bought me that sexy one. and it does work. but its annoying. i'm not going to wear it everyday, cause i don't want my back to get weak. so i'll just wear when i want to feel supa cute ;)

Another perk? Heart burn. Yes, and I have been hit hard with HEARTBURN. like bad. had to sleep basically sitting up last night. it SUCKED. no more tomatoe sauces for me! which is a bummer, cause i love tomatoe sauce....... And there isn't much I can do about it. My mom has told me that was her only real pregnany "complaint." So yeah, guess I've been off too easy so far with no morning sickness, so now I get to enjoy the heart burn. oh dear.

Bradley class was good this week. learned all about the nutrition you need when you're pregnant. I'm doing pretty good, but i want to get more protein. you need 80 - 100 grams per day! especially in the 8th month when the brain is developing. so i've been working on that. but they also talk about how it doens't matter how much you gain, as long as its quality food you're eating. and how every woman is different. so that was refreshing to hear, and i don't feel so bad. i just have a huge HEALTHY baby growing in my budda ;)

And I have to say a HUGE thank you to my bloggin friends Darcy and Niki who put together the CUTEST fall/baby package for me!!!!! So much cute baby stuff, and these fall candles that smell sooooooooooooooooooooo good- they even sent me some of their pretty fall leaves! (Yeah, here in southern cali it pretty much stays green or brown all year. nothing very exciting about that.....) So thanks again girls- made my week!!!!

Thats pretty much it. so glad its thursday already!!!!! can't wait for the weekend. the heart burn seriously sucks though. anyone have any suggestions????

9 Comments:

At 1:36 PM , Blogger Elizabeth said...

i am with you on the heartburn thing. cure.. lots of belching!!
HA! and so lady like.
I had it so bad last night.. couldn't figure it out.. and realized I had arby's horsey sauce w/ my fries!! dang it!
tum tumm tum tum tums.. but really it doesn't go away til baby comes. sorry.
love your belt. glad it helps w/ your back.

 
At 2:53 PM , Blogger justem said...

Don't tell me these things!! :) Just kidding! How long until we see those pictures???

 
At 3:52 PM , Blogger Muriel said...

back pain sucks!!!!

heartburn sucks!!!

I am glad things aren't too bad.

Can I get a belt even if I am not preggie...he he....

 
At 8:41 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooohh, that is a sexy belt!! Sorry I don't have any advice for heartburn. Just try to hang in there it'll all be over soon. There's a mom on our soccer team that said when she was pregnant she had killer heartburn and when the baby was born instead of saying oh my baby, she said oh my heartburn's gone. So hopefully it goes away instantly for you too. I'll be thinking of you.
xoxo Amanda

 
At 8:57 AM , Blogger scrapperjen said...

Oh, all those wonderful things I have forgotten about.... Hang in there!

 
At 9:48 AM , Blogger darcy said...

I LOVE your sexy belt!! Never seen one of those before! That is better than lingeria, Kat! =)

Heartburn? Yuck. I'm so sorry.. that can't be fun! And you didn't have any morning sickness? You ROCK!!!

And your welcome for the package! Glad you liked it and that you got to experience some midwest fall features. =)

 
At 8:02 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

U are disgusting. I feel sorry for you husband.

 
At 8:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fat ass, and your husband is a fag. I'd be surprised if I wasn't the father.

 
At 11:24 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kathryn you are GORGEOUS!!!!! And your size is perfect for a healthy baby no matter what ANY ONE of these readers say. I love you lots and I can't wait to meet baby Post.
xoxo Amanda
PS. Take the anonymous option off. If we want to leave a comment we can figure out how to create a blog even if we don't plan on using it for anything other than leaving you nice comments. Love you

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home