Post It's- Our Family Happenings

All about the Post Family- Steve, Kat, Jessica and Izzy

Monday, October 16, 2006

Steve felt the baby move!!!!!
Saturday night while watching the Sopranos. I think i'm more excited that he is, but it's still very exciting! For some reason on the weekends the baby is WAY more active (probably due to the fact that i am WAY LESS active). And, baby goes crazy when Steve and I watch Sopranos. Funny. So yay, he felt the baby! He says it feels like I'm flexign a muscle. Obviously I have no muscle in my abs, so it must be the baby ;) But I"m super excited. And for him its another reminder. He doesn't think about baby 24/7 like I do (the whole baby growing inside me thing helps) so this was cool for him. So excited! But don't assume that I'll let just anyone touch my belly to try and feel the baby move. Thats going to have to wait till the baby's movements get way stronger.

(my friend kara took this pic this weekend. even though i look HUGE, i think its super cute. awwwwww. oh, and no negative comments on the uggs. i do believe uggs were made for pregnant women.......)

I registered at Pottery Barn Kids this weekend. SOOOOOOOOOOOO much fun. All the little baby things are sooooooooooo cute!!!!! It's kind of the "fun" registry, the only thing that the baby needs needs is the crib (and I know, it dones't have to be Pottery Barn Kids, but i think its so cute!!!!). My friend Courtney works there so she helped me register. I'm glad I don't know the sex of baby, cause otherwise I would have gone crazy!!!!! All the cute pink stuff, and all the cute blue stuff- omg. The also have so much cute green and yellow. They have this frog everywhere, so cute!!!! Anyways, I'll quit rambling. You can check out my registry here. Its so funny to be registering again only a year after our wedding! That was one of my favorite things to do when we were engaged. It felt like shopping but you didn't have to spend any money! We are going to register at Babys R Us and Target. We need to do a little more research on strollers/carseats/highchairs, etc, before we do that.

So I forgot to ad to the "perks"- everynight I wake up with my hand completely dead asleep. Numb. Like I have to pick it up with my other arm. SOOOOOOOOOOOOO annoying!!!! It has to do with the circulation, and Baby's cozy pad is just chillin on one of the main veins or arteries so thats just going to happen. So of course I have to wake it UP, when all I want to be doing is sleeping. Grrrrrr. But seriously, there are the few things I must complain about- but all in all its sooooooooooo worth it times a bazillion. Its so amazing to have this little person growing inside of me. And today I discovered something amusing. While the fitness/dance teacher was here at my preschool, we did the "twist." Classic dance move, right? Well, normally you don't see your belly move when you do the twist. But when its all budda-ed out, its hysterical! I would be twisting my upper body one way, and my belly was going the other way. I was cracking up. Maybe you had to be there, but hey- there's a REAL perk for ya!
Hope you all have a fabulous week, and remember that next weekend I'm taking the 6 months pics!

13 Comments:

At 8:14 AM , Blogger Elizabeth said...

yay for baby post moving!! isn't it the best...and very cool for papa!
LOL at picturing the buddah belly twist =)
I reg @ PBK, babys r us and Target too.
you'll have to tell me what bedding you picked!! I picked out a toddler quilt for Brig.. and the sweet pink crib stuff if its a girl!! hard to make decisions huh?

 
At 10:44 AM , Blogger Jill H said...

awww, what a great picture of you two!! actually, you THREE =) you look so pretty, Kat! and comfortable too w/those boots :)

 
At 12:42 PM , Blogger darcy said...

Awe. Steve felt the baby move!! That's so stinking awesome. You make me look forward to so much. =)

And that picture of your family? Oh gosh. So adorable!!!

I bet registering is hard for the baby!! so many CUTE choices!!!

 
At 4:31 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i cant believe how cute you guys are!! :) its still hard for me to believe b/c i dont get to see you but you look GREAT! take care! ps love the uggs and the baby coat! how cute!!

 
At 4:32 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

oops! that comment was from me: Britta! haha

 
At 6:19 AM , Blogger scrapperjen said...

You look adorable! I love that picture.
Registering IS fun! Psssstt....don't forget the "practical" things too.
Very exciting that he got to feel the baby.

 
At 6:11 AM , Blogger monica said...

This must have been so exciting for the two of you, just wait till the baby won't stop moving, you'll probably go crazy!! Hehehehe, I mean that in the nicest way, sorry.

 
At 9:10 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

the frog bath wrap is the cutest freakin thing I've ever seen in my life.
Oh, and the uggs. I wear my uggs here all the time, where it is actually cold and winter-like and people still make fun of me. Whatever, I love them. they are comfortable. and I'll probably wear them until I'm old and grey.

 
At 9:11 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

the frog bath wrap is the cutest freakin thing I've ever seen in my life.
Oh, and the uggs. I wear my uggs here all the time, where it is actually cold and winter-like and people still make fun of me. Whatever, I love them. they are comfortable. and I'll probably wear them until I'm old and grey.
Love, Rachel

 
At 10:04 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Post Family!

I am so excited for you guys :) Glad to hear that Mommy and Baby are both happy and healthy! I miss you so much but I'm keeping up via your blog!

Love, Nicole

 
At 9:39 AM , Blogger Felicia said...

That's a great picture of you guys.
I'm so excited for you.

 
At 4:35 PM , Blogger Jessica O'Brien said...

How exciting!!! And the remark about the Uggs- I agree. I am the ultimate hater of Uggs, but you wear them all you want chica!!! xo

 
At 4:28 PM , Blogger Muriel said...

registering is fun....I had to practically make my sister do it. I love all the little baby stuff. I can't wait to check out the room. Explain what the boppy does?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home