Post It's- Our Family Happenings

All about the Post Family- Steve, Kat, Jessica and Izzy

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

7 months and hormonal much?

Yes, so I have been a bit hormonal recently. This whole pregnancy I've been feeling like I've been handling the hormone swings pretty well. That is until last week. I've been like a freakin toddler! I cry over everything!!!!
I went to interview a pedatrition for Baby. I had to leave during nap time (dont' worry, my assistant stayed with the kids!) That went fabulously. Thought she was an awesome doctor but I still have two more to meet. Anyways. It was when I left that everything went downhill. So, I'm in Pancho (my trusty suburban). I pull out of my spot, then start going strait- AND MY CAR DIES! I was shocked. Didn't really know what to do. Tried to start it, again and again. Hmmm. So I tried to put on my hazard lights, but it didn't really work. By then people were waiting behind me, so I had to signal for them to go around by sticking my arm out of the door. I got a few annoyed looks, but whatever. So, as I'm calling around to figure things out, this old lady drives by and stops- glares at me and points at the people behind me, like I'm doing this on purpose! So, I start to cry. And cry. So I get out of my car so I can more easily direct traffic around me- and so that everyone can see I'm pregnant so hopefully give me a break. This older man walks by, and declares that its an electrical problem. Thanks. Then a dad and his little girl come by, and I realize that I'm blocking them in! So we decide to put my car in neutral and move it forward. Mind you, I probably have mascara all over my face, and its very apparent that I have been crying. So I hope in Pancho and try to put him in gear, and its stuck!!! I start bawling, and I get out and try to explain to the man that its stuck. You can tell his wife was also a very hormonal pregnant woman, cause he's very calm and mellow about it all. He starts to tell me what to do, then he just offers to do it himself. Thank goodness!!! So he moves the car, I thank him in between sobs, and he's on his way. I finally get a hold of AAA, and they tell me it will be a half hour. I could tell the operator was worried, asking if everything was alright, and I just had to explain that I was a hormonal pregnant woman who just wanted to get home. So, after that was done, I didn't want to sit in my car and cry for a half hour- so I decide to call one of my desiginated "i'm crying and freakin out and need to talk to somone"- my cousin Amanda or my parents. So I've called Amanda a lot recently, decide I need to rotate, and I call up my parents. My dad answers, and he's always so good when I'm freakin out. He calms me down, then starts asking questions about the car. He asked if it made any noise when I tried to start it. I couldn't remember, so I try again- and the freakin thing STARTS! So, I start crying MORE. So frustrated!!!!
I finally get home, and now Steve has taken Poncho to the shop and it turns out its some electrical thing connected to the battery (the old man was right!) and its going to cost me over $400. Fabulous.
But yeah, that was the first time where I felt like I had no control over my emotions at all! Usually I'm able to stop crying when random men are talking to me or trying to help. This time, not so much. And since that day I missed nap time, that night I again just started crying for no reason at all.
Wow, being pregnant turns me into a toddler experiencing the terrible twos. Such Drama. And I have to say, I think it may be harder to be the husband of the pregnant woman and dealing with all these random, ridiculous crying spells. But Steve has been awesome. Seriously, very patient. I know that if I weren't pregnant, he would not be putting up with it. Now, he's just being so sweet to me.

So, now that I've finally realized that I no longer control my body or my emotions, hopefully it will get easier (yeah right). I'm defiently looking forward to this four day weekend!!!!! It'll be awesome
Don't have the 7 month pictures cause, since my camera broke we had to borrow Steve's dad's camera, and I dont' have the right connecting cord to upload the pictures! Dang. So hopefully I'll get those tomorrow and have the picture up before this weekend.
Happy Turkey Day!!!!!

9 Comments:

At 9:10 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, I totally understand. I'm not even pregnant and I would probably cry over something like that. I hate car issues because I have no idea how to fix those things! I think it's a girl thing. A while back when Tank was still a puppy, I came home from a crappy day at work and saw that he chewed my favorite pair of shoes! I called Andy at work and I was crying, of course, and he's like wait? What's wrong? He was thinking that someone broke into the house or something. I'm like Tank... ate...MY FAVORITE SHOES! That's when I realized that I was crying over a pair of shoes and I needed to snap out of it. I am going to be such a crier when I'm pregnant!

 
At 9:11 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh sorry, you could probably tell, but that anonymous was from me, Jackie :)

 
At 11:06 AM , Blogger Elizabeth said...

oh, girl, I feel for you. I am so sorry for your day. that needs to go down in baby's book though!
I was a mess too, w/ Brigham. I think I talked about divorce or threatened to leave Andrew 50 times during that 9 months! Thank goodness for supportive husbands(or good actors!).
can't wait to see your pics. I need to start taking some too.

 
At 10:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sad that you get so emotional and cry but I am always here for you when you need me. I wish I was a wee bit closer so I could come give you big hugs. It may not get easier but hopefully you get the hang of it. I can't wait to see your 7 month pics. I want to come down next week some time but I'll call you to see when is best. Sorry about your truck. Is there such a thing as a pregnant woman discount? ;) Well there should be if men know what's good for them!
xoxo Amanda

 
At 8:37 PM , Blogger Alex said...

Yikes!! That SOO sucks! Hope your hormones quiet down a little bit. Cant wait for the 7 month belly pics, does baby post know how many people are soo anxious to see pictures of him/her?!?!

 
At 6:36 AM , Blogger Barb said...

Sounds absolutely miserable, Kat. Hang in there--two more months to baby.

 
At 12:00 PM , Blogger Muriel said...

even if you are not pregnant there are times you just want to cry anyway.....

 
At 1:41 PM , Blogger darcy said...

Awe! I am so sorry about your day! That had to have stunk. I'm so happy that a nice guy came to help you out.

I can totally relate with you, Kat. I cried on Sat morn because it was taking me an hour to fold the laundry and I felt worthless. =/ Yeah, not so cry-worthy now but it was at the time!

can't wait to see your 7 month pics, girlie!

 
At 5:16 PM , Blogger Jill H said...

awww, big hugs to you, Kat =) it is hard not to have control over your emotions. not much longer though til baby Post makes his/her arrival & you'll have your body to yourself again!!! take care :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home