Post It's- Our Family Happenings

All about the Post Family- Steve, Kat, Jessica and Izzy

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

I don't ever want to be pregnant in the summer....

Or at least not huge pregnant. We had this random heat wave last week where it was 90 degrees 3 days in a row- and I was NOT feeling it, at all. I can only imagine it being like that every day- not fun. SO, I am happy that I am going to be my biggest during a California winter. Perfect.
Though, when I wear this big fleece jacket (that someone left at our house after a party and has yet to claim a year later)- the only one that fits- and a hat or hood, Steve thinks I look like the girl from Fargo. Don't cha know? Don't think its a compliment, but its still pretty funny. Its more comfy that being hot, but when going out in public and trying to use bathroom stalls- another story. I'm already huge, then I have the extra padding of sweaters and jackets, its impossible to manuver in those dinky spaces! I'm going to have to start using the handicap stalls so I dont' get stuck! I think I prefer the perfect in between weather when its not too hot or not too cold.........

Had my first leg cramp last night. I've heard horror stories about these, so I've been pretty scared. And yes, they suck. Charlie Horses is what I call them- and I haven't had one in forever!!!!!! I need to find out why the happen and make them STOP! Cause it literally woke me up, and Steve since I was practically crying outloud. He started to massage it but it was going away. Lets hope they don't become a regular occurance.

I'm 7 months today. Isn't that insane? Its been flying by. In the begining it seemed so slow- now I'm like, slow down! We still need to buy the carseat! Baby is going to be here before we know it. My belly is getting huge, but I have yet to get stretch marks over my belly. Someone told me they showed up after the baby was born? I already have them on my boobs- those ladies got huge! But not on my belly. I'm just waiting for a n explosition of stretch marks. I rub my belly with this lotion everynight (even though I know that its not proven to prevent them).
Oh! And the newest exciment of pregnancy Post Baby? Now, when Baby moves, my belly moves. You can see it! Its kind of like in the cartoons when somoeon swallows a bee. Its pretty amusing. Baby is getting strong! Still trying to pick up Baby's patterns, but so far- Baby just does what Baby wants. No pattern. Some days Baby is kicking all day, and others its at night. Some days barely at all. Baby is just a turd and wants to drive me crazy ;)

So on Sunday Steve and I got our pictures taken. The same photographer who took our wedding pictures- he's amazing!!!! He'll be taking Baby's first professional pictures for sure ;)
The proofs aren't up yet, but they were supposed to put up last night. So hopefully soon. Here's the link: Barnett Photography
Go to proofs, username Post, password Pos1. Let me know what you think!!!!!

Thats all for now. 7 months pictures this weekend!!!!

15 Comments:

At 8:08 AM , Blogger Elizabeth said...

gosh, kat, I can't believe you're 7 months!! heck I can't believe I'm almost 5!!
time sure flies..thats awesome you got pregnancy couple shots done! can't wait to see them.
never thought about pregnancy in Cali..ugh~ last time I endured thru the middle of July! w/ major humidity. IT SUCKED!!

 
At 12:41 PM , Blogger BRANDY said...

The proofs are so awesome. I love that you are laughing in most of them...that shows your personality. Can wait to see the scrappiness that comes from them.

 
At 3:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the pictures! You guys look like you're having such a good time. Your stomach doesn't even look all stretchy. It looks perfect. No stretch marks for you! I can't wait to come see you!!!
xoxo Amanda

 
At 4:00 PM , Blogger justem said...

Your pictures are so wonderful!!! I love b&w, but I think my favorite one is the color one of you walking down the street!! You are beautiful!!!

 
At 4:12 PM , Blogger Muriel said...

It is flown by hasn't it. THe pictures look good. I like the color coordinated outfits...I do that too!!!

 
At 4:44 PM , Blogger Elizabeth said...

just checked in on the proofs... gorgeous.. YOU are radiant.. you two look so happy! love the outfits =)

 
At 6:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

potassium. you need more of it. that is why you get those cramps in your leg. Isnt that weird... I'll get them sometimes. And it's only at night, and it's only in the back of my calves. So eat more bananas. Oh, and what helps me during a charlie horse attack is to flex my foot as much as I can on the leg that is cramping.
Love ya lady,
Rachel

 
At 6:30 PM , Blogger Jill H said...

aww, these pictures are so fun & cute, Kat!! my favorite one is the color of you two on the street looking at each other...adorable :) so fun you got those taken! SO cool you can see the baby from the outside of your belly. it's just all so awesome!! i agree with Rachel...flexing the leg with the cramp always helped me. but they are just a bear to get through sometimes, hope you don't have any more! can't wait to see your 7 mos pics!!!

 
At 6:17 AM , Blogger Alex said...

Kat! Those pictures are so stinkin cute!! Love them all!

My mom swore by this cream by elizabeth arden and she never got one stretch mark, my girlfriend on the other hand didnt get them until her 8 1/2 month mark and she was not happy, so crossing my fingers for you!

Cant wait for baby Post to get here so we can find out whats in that cute belly of yours!!!

 
At 8:44 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So cute! I love those pictures! They do such a great job! I love the ones where they are standing above you - that's a fun angle.
I don't know if pregnant charlie horses are different than non-pregnant ones, but I agree with Rachel and Jill... If you flex your foot (pointing your toes up)so you are stretching that muscle out it usually makes it calm down. Good luck!
Love, jackie

 
At 9:23 AM , Blogger Kirsten said...

those are beautiful!

 
At 9:39 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

ya look gorgeous as usual...i definitely like the color one walking down the street too...i haven't made greg look at 'em yet, but i will! can't wait for the 7 month pictures!
love
anne

 
At 7:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

kat! i love the pictures soo much. especially the ones where you are over steves shoulders and when you are over his! how cute are you too..ps love your outfit. cant wait to see more pics..i love them :)

Love you,
Britta

 
At 7:02 AM , Blogger darcy said...

I can't wait to go and see your pictures!! =) I bet they are amazing. And 90 degrees in November? Today it was 27. Yeah, wanna switch! =)

7 months.. you are ALMOST there!

 
At 4:02 AM , Blogger monica said...

Those pics are absolutely beautiful. You're totally glowing girlie!!!!!

You probably need more potassium in your diet, potatoes with the skin is a better source of potassium than OJ or bananas. Just thought I'd let you know!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home