Post It's- Our Family Happenings

All about the Post Family- Steve, Kat, Jessica and Izzy

Sunday, November 26, 2006

Guessing Game

Since my belly is huge, its now pretty obvious that I'm pregnant- and so people, including complete strangers, are taking it upon themselves to guess the gender of Baby Post. In the begining everyone was guessing Baby Girl. Because of some chinese calender thing, because of the way I held out my hands, because of the babies heart rate, because of the way my belly is or isn't, etc. Now more guesses have been boys- because I "don't look pregnant from behind." Though the other day, I was waddling around the grocery store (yes, I am starting to do the pregnancy waddle- especially when I have to go to the bathroom!) I passed a lady who was passing out samples. After I passed her she called out to me- "Are you having a girl?" I turned around and told her we didnt' know, we weren't finding out. And she tells me she thinks I'm having a girl since I don't have a booty. Apparently she had three boys and her booty got huge during each pregnancy. Hm. Thanks. Real good to know.......... Its funny when people who don't even know me guess- they dont' know what my body looked like not even a year and a half ago when I got married. They dont' know where I've gained the weight- and most of the time, that stuff isn't even true. But its still amusing.
This site is super cool for any preggo's out there reading this. It works in the last trimester really, but you can map where your baby is based on the kicks and movements! So cool. Check it out: spinning babies
We registered at Babies R Us this weekend. So fun! That store is awesome. Seriously has everything you could ever need for baby. We tried out quite a few strollers and car seats (after already researching them online), strolling them around, folding them, lifting them, clicking the car seats in and out- even practing putting the carseat in a fake car set up. Fun. Then we tried out gliders- that was nice. Anyways, so you can check out our registery on the side of this blog if you want.
Unfortch- no 7 month pictures yet. My camera is still getting fixed, and the camera we are borrowing- we dont' have the correct hardware to download the pictures. Bummer. Hopefully soon! But......
check me out- i'm famous! Pictures of me on my prenatal yoga classes website. and if you go to the prenatal yoga link you can see a few more. Not the most flattering, but you can barely tell its me so its ok ;) I'm wearing the white tank and black pants. Woo hoo! My instructer emailed me a few pictures, and here's one of my huge budda belly in a yoga pose- and I love it. Defiently gonna scrap it!


Yay for fun pictures! I love how pregnant I look. And you can't see my arms, where I've gained some extra baggage......... Anyways, hopefully I'll have more pictures soon! Oh, and thanks for all the well wishes with the hormones. I've gotten much better. The four day weekend was much MUCH needed. Hope everyone had a fabulous thanksgiving too!!!! : )

7 Comments:

At 8:58 PM , Blogger Jessica O'Brien said...

Oh my gosh, I LOOOVE that yoga picture of you. There is something so like "I am woman" about it, but in a good way ;)

My coworker was pregnant and I guessed Boy from Day 1. I was right :)

I can't guess without seeing you, but for some reason I'm thinking Girl.

xo

 
At 8:06 AM , Blogger Elizabeth said...

I LOVE that yoga picture of you... I'm instantly thinking of so many cool ways you could scrap it!
Its so insane how strangers think they can just come and touch the belly, or guess the gender. I got pretty annoyed with it. Sounds like you're taking it well. We find out in TWO weeks. I am so stinkin excited =). Oh and babies R Us is the bomb! I was driving an hour 2x a week to register/shop!
can't wait to see what you get!

 
At 10:12 AM , Blogger Felicia said...

That picture is great Kat! For sure a must scrap.

 
At 12:15 PM , Blogger darcy said...

That yoga picture of you is so stinking cute! You are famous!

I hear all the "you're having a boy/girl" stuff is bogus. Everyone carries their babies differently, gain weight in different areas, etc. =) But it's fun to talk about. Do you have a feeling of what baby P is?

 
At 7:07 AM , Blogger Jill H said...

oh my goodness, Kat!!! that yoga pic of you is incredible, how awesome to have that picture to scrap or just keep as a reminder of something you had fun doing while being pregnant. you're beautiful :)

yeah, i agree with Darcy...i think everybody carries babies differently, everybody's bodies are just different so it's hard to guess & be accurate. my pregnancies were different & i had a boy & a girl...so it's easy to say that's why they were different. but my sister had 3 boys with pregnancies that were all different too. so i don't think that theory hold true for everyone.

 
At 10:25 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pregnant, gorgeous, and famous?!?! Ooh, girl, I'm lucky to be related to you ;) OMG!! I love Babies R Us!! When we registered we were there for hours. I would stand in one place and just stare at everything. I was like a kid in the toy section for the first time. It was awesome! Well, I'm rootin' for a girl. I already have 3 boys and I would love a little girl around. On the other hand a baby boy would be good too. He would have all these boy cousins to play with and clothes and toys... Dang Kat, now I'm undecided. As long as baby Post is healthy and mom and dad are happy then I'll be happy.
xoxo Amanda

 
At 12:33 AM , Blogger Severina said...

This is a wonderful blog. I wish I had done this when expecting our daughter !

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home