Post It's- Our Family Happenings

All about the Post Family- Steve, Kat, Jessica and Izzy

Saturday, December 16, 2006

I split my pants

Yep. Should be really embarassed, but it actually made me laugh. Steve and I were in our last birthing class, doing "practice labor" things on the ground, and he whispers in my ear "there's a hole in your pants." I was thinking little hole/tear on my botty, but no- it was a huge hole split down my seam! Oh my goodness, I totally started cracking up!! How typical, huge preggo woman splits her pants? I wasn't too embarassed, and both my assistants swore they would have told me if they had seen it, so I probably hadn't been walking aroudn all day with it. But these were my black juicy pants that I wear, um, about 3 or 4 times a week. I like LIVE in these pants, so I"m pretty sure the tear is more from wearing them so much then from my booty getting bigger- cause it really hasn't. Today in yoga, when I was taking a "potty break" I noticed the size of my NON MATERNITY yoga pants- a small. So yeah, I don't feel too bad about my pants spliting ;)

Anyways, like I said, Steve and I went to our last Bradley Class. 10 weeks of learning all things natural birthing- and totally worth it. We learned sooooo much, and now we're both a lot more confident about labor and doing it naturally. It was defiently my idea to do natural, Steve was kind of whatever about it- but now he understands and totally supports the natural approach. I am glad that the classes are over now, because the late classes I just can't even hang with anymore (the class would end at 9). I need to be in bed by 8:30................. Anyways, we also took a breastfeeding class- which was totally informative! I have already been doing a lot of research on breastfeeding, becuase I've heard so many horror stories. But it was nice to take a class, too. And it made me think- what did people do before they had all these classes? Obviously people did it, or we wouldn't be here- but still. Can you imagine living Little House on the Prairie style, with four little kids already, being huge pregnant and no one around for miles? Who takes care of the kids when you're in labor? And exhausted after getting up every two to three hours to feed the baby? And what if the baby doesn't latch on? They didnt' have formula back then. Wow. Yep, very glad to be living now.......

Took the 8 month pictures, hopefully they'll be posted soon! I'm HUGE. Still getting those looks when I tell people I'm due in Febuary. Those- Dang, girlfriend looks like she could pop any second, imagine how huge she'll be when the baby gets here- looks. Yes, I know I'm huge, but at least its all baby and I'm not waddling too bad (yet). Baby is head down, but on the wrong side (which is nothing to worry about, but I still do). I also gained 6 pounds in 3 weeks- my biggest weight gain yet. Not cool, but my Dr. (bless his heart!) told me it was mostly water retention. Thank goodness he didn't tell me to stop eating or something. He wasn't worried. I'm still doing ok on the gain-age. But yeah, the puffiness has just started. I think it was after our Bradley class, I tried to take off my rings, and uh, OOPS- they were stuck. Got them off, but it was a bit of stuggle, with lots of water and lotion involved. Decided to not try to put them back on, even though they fit in the morning. But I just puff up at night! So I started drinking more water to keep it to a minimum, but I think the rings may be moved to a chain around my neck for now. Yay- being pregnant is fun!! ;)

My parents are on their way from Iowa to sunny Cali right now. I cannot wait for them to get here! Its crazy how much I want my mom around right now, I miss her bunches and want her to take care of me :)

Hope to post pictures soon, have a fabulous week!!!!

5 Comments:

At 8:10 AM , Blogger Jill H said...

haha, the split pants thing has me giggling, Kat :) hey, that's pretty cool they were non-maternity pants though!! can't wait to see those 8 mos pics, gosh not much longer at all!!! although it probably feels like a while for you, poor girl! you should just wear a shirt all the time that says "YEP, i'm due on such & such date...STOP staring & commenting on my size!" =)

 
At 9:21 AM , Blogger Alex said...

Ok the pants, thats too funny!!! Thank God it wasnt all day, and at least it happened when you were pregnant! (something tells me if it happened to a non-preggo person, it wouldnt be all that funny, lol) Cant believe its 8 months already! Time is flying!!

 
At 6:59 PM , Blogger Elizabeth said...

hee hee hee! That moment needs to be scrapped(or at least in baby's book!).Its amazing how much weight is gained at the end huh? mostly water and figure how much that little one is putting on too.You'll be fine.Oh and breastfeeding.. may work may not. DONT let anyone give you crap if it doesn't work. Baby P will still do great =)

 
At 6:36 AM , Blogger darcy said...

You better stitch those pants up girl and keep on wearing them! Faves deserve to be mended. =)

I wish we had a breastfeeding class around here! You are lucky, lucky!

 
At 6:55 AM , Blogger Jessica O'Brien said...

This is all so exciting to hear! I am still in awe you are going to do the birth naturally. Post the pictures soon! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home