Post It's- Our Family Happenings

All about the Post Family- Steve, Kat, Jessica and Izzy

Sunday, January 07, 2007

My toes look like sausages..............

I'm still here- baby hasn't yet arrived. So sorry for such a lag on the blog posts- the holidays were a complete whirlwind!!!! My first day of vacation (Friday, December 22) I got hit with something- soooooo sick! I just felt weak and achy and had chills and no appetite. I was sick for almost 48 hours. I still managed to go to the Nutcracker, but had to skip the yummy steak dinner :( So that was no fun, especially since I couldn't really take anything to help except for tylenol. And I dont' know about you guys, but tylenol NEVER helps me with anything. So then it was Christmas and go go go! My brothers came out on the 20th, my parents got here on the 17th (and thank goodness- I definetly needed my moms help that last week of work!). We had a pretty much packed schedule with both Steve's family and mine for the whole week I was closed. Then, the following weekend was my BABY SHOWER!!!!!!! So much fun, a bunch of my best friends flew in from out of town, and everyone brought their favorite childhood snack :) Lots of sweets! One friend brought chocolate chip cheese cake! Um, YUM! We played funny games and I got some awesome gifts for baby!
OH! and I almost forgot to mention- for christmas i got my
DREAM CAMERA!!!!!! So stoked. So i dont' have my offical 8 month pictures still, but I do have a lot of pictures to share!
Anyways, let me first tell you the changes that baby is making happen to my body.
First off- I'm a freakin pilsbury dough boy at night. My toes and feet literally look like sausages. I noticed it the week I had off, I wasn't keeping track of how much water I was drinking, so then I'd puff up. Not cute. I'm usually quite proud of my skinny ankles. Now they no longer exists. I can't even attempt to put on my wedding rings :( and my fake britney bling is starting to get tight as well. BUT I did only gain 1 pound at my Dr. appointment. Probably had a lot to do with the few days I was sick.
My belly is HUGE, and it has also dropped. Some parents noticed when they came back from the break. That means baby is headed down! :) A good thing.
Also means I have to pee more. And there will be times when I have to go SO bad, like not even sure I'll make it to the bathroom............ and I get there- and nothing comes out! SO annoying.
And I'm ridiculously tired. I'll sleep 10 hours and still need to take a nap. Its insane how tired making a baby makes you.
Baby is still bopping around, but I can tell Baby is getting a little squished. The movements aren't as big, I guess thats the only way to explain it. But I can see my belly moving, and its so funny. Now it will get lopsided, its pretty funny. And one night I felt Baby's little toes. Very cool.
Everyone is still guessing what sex Baby is. I just read an article where its only 20% of people dont' find out the sex of the baby. Everyone doens't know how we can wait, but its seriously not a huge deal for me. I love Baby no matter what :) And its fun that Baby has this little secret that no one else knows. But yeah, people guessing is pretty amusing. Steve's Grandma did the wedding ring over the belly trick (if the ring goes back and forth its a boy, if it goes in a circle its a girl). I think Grammy twirled the ring a bit to make it go in a circle, cause she's hoping for a girl! (She only has two grandsons) Don't tell her I think that though ;)
I'm still emotional. When I get super tired, I'll just start crying over anything. Luckily, since my mom is here to help with dinner and stuff I'm not feelign as overwhelmed and not freaking out as much.
We have been doing date night, and last night we did a double date night with a couple friends of ours. Won't be able to do those again for awhile! So we had to get a few more in :) Fun stuff
Today Steve and I are off to buy a few of the essentials that we still need to get. Like the baby car seat (um yeah, can't even leave the hospital with out it!)
So I will be better at updating now that life is back to normal, no more holidays! Can you believe that I am 9 months on Tuesday? And that its four weeks till Baby gets here? Actually, Baby could really come at any time..............
Now for the pictures:
(Oh, and I did have Steve take a Demi Moore on Vanity Fair style picture. I dont' look quite as fabulous as her- my arms have gained weight and her's are still all buff and skinny (and so is her face- why do I have to gain weight in my face????).......... but it is a cool picture I'm excited to have. Don't really feel comfortable posting it online, but if you REALLY want to see it- email me. And if you dont' have my email, that means I wouldn't have shown it to you anyways!)

ok, so i'm posting this with out pictures. its been two days since i wrote it, and i haven't had time to put the pictures on my computer. i have to get rid of a bunch to make room, and its a process that i'm not looking forward to. can someone tell me, when are you more tired- when yo'ure 9 months pregnant? or when you have a brand new baby????? anywyas, pictures will be up soon.................

10 Comments:

At 6:41 AM , Blogger BRANDY said...

I was wondering where you were...and if I missed something, like a baby. Geesh. Next stop baby land!

 
At 1:40 PM , Blogger justem said...

I have been thinking about you!!!! You better tell that darling husband of yours that after you've notified all family...his first task is to post on your blog!!!

 
At 2:43 PM , Blogger Elizabeth said...

yay for mucho family visits!!
YAY for a new camera!!
Yay for babyP almost being here!!
the last month completely sucks. no way around it. yep you need to drink gallons and gallons of water, til you practically peeing it straight out!!
You are def. more tired before baby comes.. hang in there =)
can't wait to see pics. and the nursery too.
and I'm pretty sure Demi's entire body was airbrushed...don't worry!

 
At 7:20 PM , Blogger Barb said...

Okay. I'm excited excited for Baby Post to arrive. Take care of it.

 
At 7:21 PM , Blogger Barb said...

Ugh. I didn't mean to say take care of it. I meant to say take care of you. Take care of yourself. But, yeah. Take care of Baby Post when he/she comes, too.

 
At 9:02 AM , Blogger darcy said...

You are getting close, Kat!! Can't wait to see what this baby is!!! Hang in there for the last month.. I know you can do it!

 
At 9:13 PM , Blogger Odette said...

Love hearing baby progress. I am so excited for you guys. Hate to be a bug.... but poste your pictures!

 
At 9:45 PM , Blogger Jill H said...

woo hoo for a new camera!! that's awesome you'll have it for when the baby is born! not much longer now :) that last month is such a bear to get through, you can do it though!!! it is so hard, and even though you might think you can't get any more tired, it'll reach a whole new level once the baby's born! (at least for me) but you'll be great at it, Kat - you're awesome =)

and i agree with Em - make sure Steve updates the blog when you have your little one...pleeeeeease?!

 
At 9:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Elizabeth, Demi was probably airbushed.
I loved seeing you the other day. You looked gorgeous!!! I'm so glad you have your parents there to help out too. Try to take a few more breaks during the day though, you are doing WAY TOO MUCH!!!!! What are you paying your assistants the big bucks for??? Oops ;)
xoxo Amanda

 
At 12:12 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What kind of car seat are you getting because I was reading consumer reports and only two carseats out of ten passed the test that they did. The only carseats they could recommend were the Baby Trend Flex-Loc Adjustable Back, and the Graco SnugRide with EPS. The other ones did really bad and some didnt even meet federal standards, and could not even be installed securely. Sorry, totally not wanting to freak you out...but just looking out for baby!!
Love ya,
Rachel

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home