Post It's- Our Family Happenings

All about the Post Family- Steve, Kat, Jessica and Izzy

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Update

yep, thats all this is. Baby hasnt' arrived yet. But I am definely ready- have officially entered the uncomfortable stage. My lower reigon is just sore- apparently because its stretching out, etc. My hips are killing me, but the sore-ness threw me off. It feels like I went horse back riding for twelve hours strait or something. I wasn't expecting that. I thought you got sore AFTER the baby was born, but yeah, pregnancy is full of surprises.
Last week was also the work week from hell. I had wanted to be working less at this point, with two assistants to help out with the diaper changing and chasing after the kids. But um no, I'm still working 11 hour days. Not going to get into it here, but let me tell you- I was EXHAUSTED by the end of each day, and I am now loving my sexy belt. With out it, I think I would have snapped my back off (this Baby is making my belly extremely heavy). And now sleeping is starting to get uncomfortable. The only comfy spot is on Steve, which sucks for him- but I'm at the point now where I almost don't care ;) He's actually been really good about it, putting his arm out for me to come and lay with him. Getting out of bed is just a fiasco, too. And I know that I'm looking horrible, because this morning I put on my nice date night shirt and some jeans to go get coffee with a girlfriend- and everyone was letting me know how nice I looked. Amazing what a little mascara and cute clothes can do....... to bad I don't have the energy, or the supply! to do it every day.
I am hoping this week will be better. Tomorrow night I am going to get accupuncture, hopefully it'll encourage Baby to not make us wait too much longer. I'm still doing yoga, which I love. But its funny how many of the positions I used to love, I can no longer do. I made a comment about how one position wasn't comfortable, and my teacher said- "You're due in two weeks- nothing is comfortable." Thanks. But I keep doing it, hoping that keeping active will encourage Baby to come. My doctor appointment is on Wednesday, so I'm really hoping he'll tell me I'm like 5 centimeter dialated, 50% effaced and that Baby is almost here! But I'm sure he won't. *SIGH* Yep, its getting hard to wait. I don't think I've had any contractions or Braxton Hicks, but I have been having lower back crampy pains, so maybe??? I'll call the nurse and ask tomorrow. I used to read how people said they were so uncomfortable in the last trimester, and I didn't know waht they were talking about. Now I do. Its not the whole trimester, its just the last few weeks, but it FEELS like the whole trimester. I find myself thinking "Remember when I had all that energy in the second trimester?" Which is silly cause I never really had much energy.
Anyways, I also want to apoligize to anyone waiting for an email or phone call from me. I've pretty much fallen off the side of the earth in that aspect, I've been so bad at keeping in touch. Maybe if work wasn't so insane, I'd be better, but its been crazy, and then I'm pretty much done. So I apoligize for sucking at keeping in touch. Hopefully it'll get better when baby gets here..........
And now I'm done rambling. Here are some pictures from my baby shower that I think are silly. Never mind, maybe later- blogger is being stupid! But I'll TRY (keep work people) to put up a few pictures later this week. Til then, hope all is fabulous :) :)

11 Comments:

At 7:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah lil' mama, you looked so tired yesterday. Thanks for coming up here to celebrate with us though. Hopefully you get a few more hours of rest before baby gets here. I am so excited and can't wait to meet Baby Post!
xoxo Amanda

 
At 7:37 PM , Blogger justem said...

Glad to hear the update! I've been thinking about you! Good luck! Can't wait to see pictures of you and the little one when he or she arrives!

 
At 5:51 AM , Blogger Jill H said...

aww, Kat! that homestretch feels like forever, i remember :( i hope you can get some rest in there! and that this week is much better for you =) take care!!

 
At 12:09 PM , Blogger Muriel said...

you don't sound like you are in any condition to be scrapbooking missy....take a load off...

put mommy to work I am sure she loves it....

 
At 7:05 PM , Blogger Barb said...

Oh, Kat. Hang in there!

P.S. Make sure Steve has the Blogger password to share those first pics with us!

 
At 5:10 PM , Blogger Elizabeth said...

I remember this time... so nerve wrecking.. about a zillion emotions all rolled into one! hang in there, and don't get too discouraged if your DD comes and goes. just means you'll have more chubb to sqeeze on baby!! =0)

 
At 5:32 PM , Blogger Valerie said...

I hope baby Post arrives soon!! Relax and rest tons!! Take care, and sending you a big hug!! xoxoxo

 
At 4:41 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so excited to finally catch up on your blog!! I've always enjoyed it...even when you were pre-preggo : ) Now, I'm REALLY loving it because I'm nine weeks pregnant and it's so entertaining! I'm thinking about starting my blog up again to share my upcoming wedding and baby excitement.

 
At 7:01 AM , Blogger Alex said...

Dear Baby Post,

I was wondering if you can come out soon so we can see the face that your mommy has been blogging about for so long. We dont care if your a boy or a girl, we just need you here, ASAP. I think your mommy is sick of being preggers, and she would appreciate it too.

Also, when you DO come, please make sure to let mommy rest as much as possible so she is able to blog about you all the time, because we cant wait to meet you!!

:o)

 
At 12:58 PM , Blogger darcy said...

Oh kat.. I love your honesty!! Now I'll know what to expect. =)

I hope you are able to sleep better.. and amen to Steve for letting you sleep on him!

You hang in there and I CANNOT WAIT to see your new baby!

 
At 5:17 PM , Blogger Felicia said...

Just checking in on you Kat, sounds like Baby Post will be here real soon. Can't wait to see pictures. =)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home