Post It's- Our Family Happenings

All about the Post Family- Steve, Kat, Jessica and Izzy

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

i've been sitting waiting wishing...............

yep, the words of jack johnson, so so true. today is Baby's due date. but of course, my baby doesn't want to be a part of the 5% of babies that actually arrives on their due date. got a lot of phone calls and emails today checkin in on me. i feel like i'm the only person who's gone to their due date or something! (even though i know this isn't true).
so anyways, here's an update
feeling very pms-y today. apparently this is "prelabor." great. so when will real labor start? no one can tell me that. tomorrow evening i have a doctor appointment, and i'm going to get my membranes swept or stripped. basically, the doctor will use his fingers to "swept" my bags of water off of the uterine lining. if baby is ready, then labor should start in 12 - 24 hours. not supposed to be comfortable, but is any part of pregnancy or labor? i'm hoping i go into labor tonight, otherwise i REALLY hope that the dr visit goes well. because i really really really really really don't want to get induced!!!!!
anyways, so thats where i am. and i'm HUGE. and today was our valentines day party, so i was running around. yeah, excercise hasn't seemed to induce labor for me. i think Baby may be stubborn.......
and dont' worry, steve will be emailing you all when baby has arrived!!!!

14 Comments:

At 7:27 PM , Blogger Barb said...

Aw, Kat. Was totally hoping for your sake that I'd visit here tonight and find out BABY has arrived. Hoping for some labor tonight!

 
At 7:28 PM , Blogger Alex said...

OMG I forgot it was your due date, I cant believe its here already!!!

I will be thinking of you when you get your membranes ripped away ;o)

Come on baby post!!!!!!!

 
At 8:36 PM , Blogger justem said...

I was sooooooooo sooooooo hoping that this was going to be a Baby Alert!!!! Can't wait!!! So excited for you! :)

 
At 9:08 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

GOOD LUCK KAT!!! we're all waiting and saying our prayers for you!! WE LOVE YOU!!!

Britta and Quinn

 
At 7:46 AM , Blogger Valerie said...

Okay so, it looks like sooner!! Which is good!! Have been totally thinking about you...hopefully tonight or sooner!!

 
At 8:43 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm never going to come, it's too nice and warm in here. Maybe if you turn up the heat outside.

-Baby

 
At 10:26 AM , Blogger Felicia said...

Ahh, I was really hoping you had already had that baby. I hope it happens soon, for your sake. Good Luck! =)

 
At 12:55 PM , Blogger Elizabeth said...

was totally hoping this would be a baby post =). where did they get that 5% from anyway???
i'm emailing ya....

 
At 1:49 PM , Blogger darcy said...

I'll happen soon.. hang in there!! See.. you are doing a great job at being a mommy cuz the baby is all warm in there.. so much he/she doesn't want to come out!!

Come out, Baby Post!!!

 
At 2:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh My Gosh Kat i can not believe you still have the Baby in your belly! good luck!!!

 
At 5:59 PM , Blogger Odette said...

Woo Hoo. The coundown is on. I will keep you in my prayers tonite, but I have no doubt everything will go perfect!

 
At 1:11 AM , Blogger monica said...

Hang in there!!!!! I hope that sweeping of the membranes don't hurt, EEEK!

 
At 1:24 PM , Blogger Jill H said...

gosh, Kat, i hope the membrane stripping thing works!! my dr. did that for me with Maria and she was born a couple days later...hope it gets things going! i'm thinking of ya :)

 
At 3:35 PM , Blogger Muriel said...

I was wondering if little Post had arrived...I pray that you don't have to be induced and that the labor is not too long.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home